108 SACKVILLE STREET TOWNS
Regent Park condos for sale
388 QUEEN STREET CONDOS7.1
ONE PARK PLACE9.3
ONE PARK WEST9.2
THE KNITTING MILL LOFTS7.9
THE MALTHOUSE LOFT TOWNS6.7
THE VINEGAR LOFTS9.6
Condos in Regent Park
The nickname Cabbagetown is now applied to the remaining historical area north and west of the housing project, which has experienced considerable gentrification since the 60s and 70s.
- The city government developed a plan to demolish and rebuild Regent Park over the next many years, with the first phase having started fall 2005.
- The revitalization plan has five phases. Phase two of the revitalization plan was completed in 2018 with the third phase set to be completed by 2023/2024
Regent Park Condo – Notable Regent Park Condos Include:
Regent Park Condo – Neighbourhood Culture
Taste of regent park
Regent park focus youth media arts centre
Pathways to education
Daniels Spectrum – Daniels Spectrum is seen as the centre point of the cultural regeneration of the neighbourhood and is home to seven arts and innovation non-profit organizations.
Development of Regent Park
- Market Condominium Units: 5,400+ including some affordable ownership opportunities
- Anticipated Project Length: 15–20 years
- Total Size: 69 acres
- A mix of townhomes and mid-rise and high-rise buildings
- Amenities: New amenities include the Daniels Spectrum, the Regent Park Aquatic Centre, the new Regent Park, and the Regent Park Athletic Grounds
- Retail Space: Freshco, Rogers, Tim Hortons, RBC and Main Drug Mart have moved into newly created retail space
The original idea surrounding the revitalization plan was to transform an area of the city that was originally built to be solely a social housing development into a thriving up-and-coming mixed-income neighbourhood sparking a social, economic and cultural revival to the area. The physical transformation includes an implementation of diverse styles of sustainable architecture (a shift from red and gray social housing projects), expanding and reconnecting the road networks to the Toronto Transit Commission as well as new streets and alleys maintained by the city. It also means adding new parks, open space, retail locations, and a new arts complex.